Returning late Spring 2020
To receive up to date information about It's Elementary, please email Moshe Levi at MZLevi@CreativeApproachOnline.com
It’s Elementary is CADC’s new playgroup for elementary aged students. This group is perfect for students looking to learn social skills while also making new friends. We meet the last Sunday of each month from 2:30-3:30 pm. Each meeting we play games, read a story, do an arts & crafts project and of course have free play time.
CADC’s staff is trained to support children of various ability levels so those in need of supports are welcome to attend. We have a hangout for mom and dad close by if they do not want to stay in the room during the activities and invite siblings and close friends to attend too.
It’s Elementary FAQ
1. How old do participants need to be?
Its Elementary is a social group for children ages 5-12.
2. Do you need to attend all the meetings?
While we would love to see everyone at every meeting we know a lot goes on in life. You can attend which ever meetings that work for you. Attendance to everyone is not mandatory and because we do different activities each meeting, you do not have to worry about falling behind.
3. Are there any requirements for attending?
Its Elementary tries to be a truly inclusive group and provide supports for elementary goers at various ability levels. During our meetings, we will participate in a lot of games and group activities we ask that participants have a method for communication and be comfortable working with others. Time limits may make the meetings more enjoyable for those comfortable with transitioning frequently.
4. Does someone have to stay with the participant?
No, parents and support persons do not need to stay in the room with the participant and they are welcome to hang out in our office and enjoy complimentary tea, coffee, snacks and wi-fi or can run out to do some errands or get something to eat at one of the many restaurants and shops in our area. If your little one will feel more comfortable with you in the room, you are more than welcome to stay.
5. Is there a cost?
Yes, each meeting is $10 which is what we use to get the food for the session and all the materials and supplies the group will use for activities. There are discounts available for those who register for multiple sessions at once. Contact Moshe Levi at MZLevi@CreativeApproachOnline.com for more details.
6. Are there any rules?
To participate in It’s Elementary we ask that the following policies are respected:
· Respect everyone. Picking on others will not be tolerated. We want everyone to feel welcome and have a good time so let’s be friendly.
· Hands to yourself. Sometimes we use our hands to show we like someone and sometimes they are used to show we don’t like someone. Either way, we prefer you use your words to express these feelings.
· If you are sick (runny nose, cough, fever, rash) please do not attend the meeting. Some of us get sick easily so if you are not feeling well and you have registered, just give us a call and we will make adjustments (804-876-2115).
· Give it a try. Learning something new can be scary but, please give it a try. We are all here to cheer you on!
7. What if there is bad weather?
If we are expecting bad weather, we will cancel the meeting. Those who have pre-registered will be contacted and we will also provide updates on our Facebook and Instagram pages.