Eat Play Mingle
Returning Spring 2020
Eat, Play, Mingle will begin again this spring. To keep up to date about the group, please email MZLevi@CreativeApproachOnline.com
Eat, Play & Mingle is a meetup group for young adults ages 18 to 30 with various diagnosis (autism, ADD, ADHD, anxiety, etc.) who would like to be more social as well as enhancer their communication skills and create healthy relationships with peers that have similar life experiences and backgrounds. Our missions is to develop a group where adults with disabilities can make new friends and enjoy an active social life.
How Eat, Play & Mingle Works
The group meets monthly, and organizes fun games, movies, arts, cooking classes, and much more for all to participate in! We also plan special events throughout the year!
This is a fantastic opportunity for those who have difficulty making new friends and coming out of their shell.
Eat, Play & Mingle includes activities for everyone! Supports from CADC’s trained staff & volunteers turn community activities into safe environments to experience life as a young adult.
Eat Play Mingle FAQ
1. How old do participants need to be?
Eat, Play, Mingle is a social group for young adults ages 18 and up.
2. Do you need to attend all the meetings?
While we would love to see everyone at every meeting we know a lot goes on in life. You can attend which ever meetings that work for you. Attendance to everyone is not mandatory and because we do different activities each meeting, you do not have to worry about falling behind.
3. Are there any requirements for attending?
Eat, Play, Mingle tries to be a truly inclusive group and provide supports for young adults at various ability levels. During our meetings, we will participate in a lot of games and group activities we ask that participants have a method for communication and be comfortable working with others. Time limits may make the meetings more enjoyable for those comfortable with transitioning frequently.
4. Does someone have to stay with the participant?
No, parents and support persons do not need to stay in the room with the participant and they are welcome to hang out in our office and enjoy complimentary tea, coffee, snacks and wi-fi or can run out to do some errands or get something to eat at one of the many restaurants and shops in our area.
5. Is there a cost?
Yes, each meeting is $25 which is what we use to get the food for the session and all the materials and supplies the group will use for activities. There are discounts available for those who register for multiple sessions at once. Contact Moshe Levi at MZLevi@CreativeApproachOnline.com for more details.
6. Are there any rules?
To participate in Eat, Play Mingle we ask that the following policies are respected:
· Respect everyone. Picking on others will not be tolerated. We want everyone to feel welcome and have a good time so let’s be friendly.
· Hands to yourself. Sometimes we use our hands to show we like someone and sometimes they are used to show we don’t like someone. Either way, we prefer you use your words to express these feelings.
· If you are sick (runny nose, cough, fever, rash) please do not attend the meeting. Some of us get sick easily so if you are not feeling well and you have registered, just give us a call and we will make adjustments (804-876-2115).
7. What if there is bad weather?
If we are expecting bad weather, we will cancel the meeting. Those who have pre-registered will be contacted and we will also provide updates on our Facebook and Instagram pages